Pre-Award Management and Administration
The PRDS department is supported by UCSF Research Management Services (RMS), which provides administrative assistance to all researchers, from pre-award through the award process on all grant procedures. With the help of the RMS team, the Principal Investigator (PI), our department, and their sponsers, research teams are able to successfully accomplish their goals with the given grants.
PRDS is specifically supported by Team D. Each team includes a Pre-Award Manager, Research Service Coordinators (RSCs) and Associate Research Service Coordinators (ARSCs).
RMS services include:
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities
- Budget development
- Proposal compilation and submission
- Subcontracts out
- Progress Reports
- No Cost Extensions and Fund Advances
- Award review, negotiation and acceptance
- Award setup
- Award close out
- Communication and collaboration with:
- Department managers and post-award staff
- Government & Business Contracts, the Research Development Office and Industry Contracts
Research Services Coordinator
RMS Pre-Award Manager
For more information click here.
Post-Award Management and Administration
The PRDS department follows UCSF's guidelines for the administration and management of post-award procedures. These post-award guiding principles enable staff members to administered the extramural funding.