PRDS Faculty awards and recognition:
July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015
- Baharak Amanzadeh received the 2014 Excellence in Partnership Award (Faculty-Community Category) by the UCSF Office of University Community Partnerships in October 2014.
- Ben Chaffee received the Mentor of the Year Award from the John C. Greene Society at the School of Dentistry’s 2014 Research and Clinical Excellence Day. He also was honored with a UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award.
- Jing Cheng was recognized for her service to the Journal of Dental Research with a Reviewer Appreciation Award.
- Lisa Chung was one of two recipients of the first Hellman Collaborative Change Initiative grants in December 2014, for her project, titled the Children’s Oral Health Collaborative, focused on eradicating health disparities in childhood tooth decay, with the aim of making San Francisco cavity-free.
- Gwen Essex received a Chancellor's Diversity Award for GLBT Leadership in October 2014.
- Stuart Gansky received the Academic Senate Distinction In Mentoring Award for faculty at the rank of full Professor in April 2015.
- Susan Hyde received the Pierre Fauchard Academy, Northern California Section, 2014 Faculty Development Grant in September 2014.
- Ann Lazar received UCSF’s CTSI 2014 Statistical Methodology Award and was designated a 2015 Hellman Scholar by the Hellman Family Foundation.Howard Pollick received the University of California San Francisco’s 2015 Chancellor Award for Public Service in the faculty category in April 2015.
- Dorothy Rowe and her Master of Science in Dental Hygiene mentee Alma Sandino won the 2015 Olav Alvares Award for Outstanding Article by a Junior Scholar published in the Journal of Dental Education.
- Peggy Walsh was awarded the Esther Wilkins Dental Hygiene Lifetime Achievement Award from the ADHA and Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Peggy Walsh was selected as one of “Six Dental Hygienists You Want to Know” Award from the Dimension of Dental Hygiene and Sunstar Americas Inc.
- Sally Marshall received the Hollenbeck Prize from the Academy for Operative Dentistry during the Chicago Dental Society Midwinter meeting in February 2015.
- Linda Centore selected as a recipient of the UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award with recognition at the Alumni Weekend May 29-30, 2015.
- Mark Kirkland was also selected a recipient of the UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award with recognition at the Alumni Weekend May 29-30, 2015.
- Gaurav Setia became a fellow in the International College of Dentists in October 2014.
- Paul Atkinson received the St Joseph Health recognition for exemplifying a commitment to Service in July 2014.
- Paul Atkinson received the Pierre Fauchard Academy Faculty Recognition Award for Excellence in Dental Education.
July 1 to December 31, 2013
- Stuart Gansky: Presented two plenary lectures in 2013, at the International Dental Public Health Congress, Universidad Nacional Autonomá de Mexico
- George Taylor: Received the American Academy of Periodontology Clinical Research Award
- Sheila Brear: Awarded the UCSF School of Dentistry Outstanding Clinician Award
- Bahar Amanzadeh: Received the ADEA Excellence Award in Outreach
- Bahar Amanzadeh: Nominated for the National ADEA Mentorship Award
- Linda Centore: Received the Pierre Fauchard Teaching Development Award
- Anthony Ragadio: Accepted into the American College of Dentists
January 1 to June 30, 2013
- Stuart Gansky: Received awards from: a) Delta Omega (National Public Health Honor Society), Alumni Award from the University of North Carolina, School of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics; b) Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honor Society), Faculty Inductee from UCSF; c) Pierre Fauchard Academy (International Dental Honor Organization), Faculty Recognition Award from the Northern California Section.
- Community Dental Clinic (CDC), under the directon of Steve Silverstein: Won the American Dental Association’s Tarrson Award for student community service.
- Margaret Walsh: Received the American Dental Hygiene Association Esther Wilkins Lifetime Achievement Award at the American Dental Hygiene Association’s 90th Annual Session in Boston.
- Sally Marshall: Received the AADR Irwin Mandel Lifetime Mentoring Award
- Grayson Marshall: Received the Distinguished Faculty Awardfrom Northern California Section of the American College of Dentists
- Lisa Chung: Attained board certification in the American Board of Dental Public Health