PRDS Department Town Halls and Retreats:
Town Halls – There will be two town halls between the bi-annual departmental retreats. Town halls will be at lunchtime. Faculty and staff can suggest the discussion topics, please feel free to email the Chair, Dr. Elsbeth Kalenderian. The schedule is listed below:
Monday, October 30th
Wednesday, November 8th
Thursday, November 9th
Wednesday, January 17th
Thursday, January 18th
Friday, January 19th
Monday, January 22
Tuesday, January 23
Monday, May 14th
Wednesday, May 16th
Thursday, May 17th
Friday, May 18th
Tuesday, May 22th
Monday, July 9th
Tuesday, July 10th
Wednesday, July 11th
Thursday, July 12th
Friday, July 20th
Time: 12:15 – 1:00 PM
Lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Sue Fox.
Retreats – There will be two retreats per year, one in September and one in March, during the scheduled breaks. Retreats will be “hands-on" with a focus on department strategic goals. Faculty and staff should feel free to suggest discussion topics. The schedule is listed below:
Tuesday, March 27th
Monday, September 17th
Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Breakfast and Lunch will be served, please RSVP w/Sue Fox
PRDS Faculty Awards and Recognition:
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Baharak Amanzadeh received the 2014 Excellence in Partnership Award (Faculty-Community Category) by the UCSF Office of University Community Partnerships in October 2014.
- Ben Chaffee received the Mentor of the Year Award from the John C. Greene Society at the School of Dentistry’s 2014 Research and Clinical Excellence Day. He also was honored with a UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award.
- Jing Cheng was recognized for her service to the Journal of Dental Research with a Reviewer Appreciation Award.
- Lisa Chung was one of two recipients of the first Hellman Collaborative Change Initiative grants in December 2014, for her project, titled the Children’s Oral Health Collaborative, focused on eradicating health disparities in childhood tooth decay, with the aim of making San Francisco cavity-free.
- Gwen Essex received a Chancellor's Diversity Award for GLBT Leadership in October 2014.
- Stuart Gansky received the Academic Senate Distinction In Mentoring Award for faculty at the rank of full Professor in April 2015.
- Susan Hyde received the Pierre Fauchard Academy, Northern California Section, 2014 Faculty Development Grant in September 2014.
- Ann Lazar received UCSF’s CTSI 2014 Statistical Methodology Award and was designated a 2015 Hellman Scholar by the Hellman Family Foundation.Howard Pollick received the University of California San Francisco’s 2015 Chancellor Award for Public Service in the faculty category in April 2015.
- Dorothy Rowe and her Master of Science in Dental Hygiene mentee Alma Sandino won the 2015 Olav Alvares Award for Outstanding Article by a Junior Scholar published in the Journal of Dental Education.
- Peggy Walsh was awarded the Esther Wilkins Dental Hygiene Lifetime Achievement Award from the ADHA and Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Peggy Walsh was selected as one of “Six Dental Hygienists You Want to Know” Award from the Dimension of Dental Hygiene and Sunstar Americas Inc.
- Sally Marshall received the Hollenbeck Prize from the Academy for Operative Dentistry during the Chicago Dental Society Midwinter meeting in February 2015.
- Linda Centore selected as a recipient of the UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award with recognition at the Alumni Weekend May 29-30, 2015.
- Mark Kirkland was also selected a recipient of the UCSF 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award with recognition at the Alumni Weekend May 29-30, 2015.
- Gaurav Setia became a fellow in the International College of Dentists in October 2014.
- Paul Atkinson received the St Joseph Health recognition for exemplifying a commitment to Service in July 2014.
- Paul Atkinson received the Pierre Fauchard Academy Faculty Recognition Award for Excellence in Dental Education.
July 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
- Stuart Gansky: Presented two plenary lectures in 2013, at the International Dental Public Health Congress, Universidad Nacional Autonomá de Mexico
- George Taylor: Received the American Academy of Periodontology Clinical Research Award
- Sheila Brear: Awarded the UCSF School of Dentistry Outstanding Clinician Award
- Bahar Amanzadeh: Received the ADEA Excellence Award in Outreach
- Bahar Amanzadeh: Nominated for the National ADEA Mentorship Award
- Linda Centore: Received the Pierre Fauchard Teaching Development Award
- Anthony Ragadio: Accepted into the American College of Dentists
January 1, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Stuart Gansky: Received awards from: a) Delta Omega (National Public Health Honor Society), Alumni Award from the University of North Carolina, School of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics; b) Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honor Society), Faculty Inductee from UCSF; c) Pierre Fauchard Academy (International Dental Honor Organization), Faculty Recognition Award from the Northern California Section.
- Community Dental Clinic (CDC), under the directon of Steve Silverstein: Won the American Dental Association’s Tarrson Award for student community service.
- Margaret Walsh: Received the American Dental Hygiene Association Esther Wilkins Lifetime Achievement Award at the American Dental Hygiene Association’s 90th Annual Session in Boston.
- Sally Marshall: Received the AADR Irwin Mandel Lifetime Mentoring Award
- Grayson Marshall: Received the Distinguished Faculty Awardfrom Northern California Section of the American College of Dentists
- Lisa Chung: Attained board certification in the American Board of Dental Public Health